Thursday, June 16, 2011

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

Hip Hip Hooray!
When I was at Pages from the Heart last week dropping off some more projects that I've completed (but can't disclose yet), I couldn't resist picking up a few pieces from My Mind's Eye Hip Hooray Girl Paper Collection. It is their new release birthday collection which has a girl and boy version. I made a cute birthday card and decided to try making a non-birthday layout with it. I'll just be sharing the card today.

Front of card
Inside of card
Here is the collection:

Hip Hooray Girl
Hip Hooray Boy

The Challenge
I decided to use the papers in a My Mind's Eye card sketch challenge that is happening on their blog now. You have to make a card using their products while following this sketch and incorporating song lyrics of your own choosing. 

Challenge Sketch

The Process
When I saw the circles, it reminded me of some clear plastic packaging I had for some embellishments.  I decided to use the packaging and make a shaker card. I hadn't even opened it or used the embellishments, but ended up using the packaging first. Isn't that ironic? 

Plastic Packaging

I punched out a circle on the patterned paper and inserted the packaging through the hole to make a 3-D portal window. I put song lyrics behind two of the windows, and popped up a cupcake on a platter in the third window. This is the back view of the portal where I added the beads. Notice how the micro beads are scattered everywhere on my workspace, that was not by design.

Back view of window

I glued all the pieces together on my card. Hopefully you can see how the window sticks out and you can shake the beads inside to your heart's content, especially to the beat of Kool & the Gang's Celebration, which were the lyrics I used, "Celebrate good times, come on!"

Cupcake shaker

Side view of shaker window


Hope you enjoyed this little card. I'll post the layout with these papers soon. 

Reduce, reuse, recycle.

Take care,

1 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome cards! love the shaker box!!

Post a Comment