Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pages from the Heart

A New Designing Opportunity:

I made several scrapbooking goals for the year and one of them was to be more involved with my local scrapbook store. I was really excited to see that Pages from the Heart, a super cute and recently relocated scrapbooking store (ss) in Monrovia was looking for a design team. I immediately applied and was accepted. The staff seems very friendly and the industrial loft architecture is unlike any other ss I've frequented. I alluded to this announcement in a previous post, but could not give the specific details until Pages from the Heart posted on their blog. I even had to answer those "get to know the design team" type questions. So if you want a glimpse into the inner workings of my scrappy brain, take a look at this post from Pages from the Heart's blog. The funny part was that I was trying to answer the long list of questions succinctly and lightheartedly to make it more of an easy read, but I think I failed in that endeavor. You can't deny who you really are. I'm really excited to get started on this new adventure. You can visit the store and spot some of my projects as samples during the next 6 months. So come on by y'hear @ 137 E. Colorado Blvd. Monrovia, CA 91016.

Jenn and I took a Nikki Sivils class on the first day Pages from the Heart reopened after their move.
I used to live near their former location in the Aztec Hotel. It is a registered historic landmark and has its own Wikipage.  I walked by it all the time but never went in. I was more into stamping and card making at that time. Little did I know what the future would hold and our destinies would intertwine.

Previous location, see the hearts on the window. 
Pages from the Heart left the Aztec Hotel to a substantially larger space on Colorado Blvd. The funny thing is, the previous occupant was actually a boxing gym. 

Former site of O-Fit Gym
I don't know if you can tell, but our scrapbooking class in the first photo was situated where the boxing ring is located. I bet the boxers never thought a bunch of women would be cutting and pasting in the exact space where they were punching and thrashing. They never saw it coming.

I have a meeting with the other designers later this week and will meet everyone for the first time. I'll keep you posted about this assignment. 

Have a scrappy dappy day,

1 comments:

Svetlana Austin said...

what a story! my congrats Michelle! I also wil start with lessons in our local SS in May :-))

Post a Comment