Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pages from the Heart: Father's Day Card

The Collection
I was at Pages from the Heart and saw one of their new collections, Note to Self by Echo Park, and just totally loved it. What I liked best was that the designs seemed very versatile and open ended so it can be used for any occasion.

Note to Self Collection
The Reveal
Since the collection's theme and colors are kind of neutral, it can easily be adapted for more masculine projects. With Father's Day coming up, I wanted to make a Father's Day card. I see a lot of shirt and tie cards, but was imagining more of a row of ties. I searched for an origami tie fold and found this diagram. I folded four ties using 3 x 3" squares of patterned papers.
Father's Day Card

I wanted the ties to be hanging on something, instead of just floating on the card, so I thought to use a skewer from the kitchen to simulate a wooden closet rod. 


I tied in the bold patterns in the paper with a few strips of washi tape in the corner. I wrote a sentiment on a raffle ticket which I cut from the patterned paper. If you'd like to see this in person along with many other design team projects, please stop by Pages from the Heart

The Vote
I'm also entering this in CutCardStock's masculine card challenge. If you like my card, please go to CutCardStock's blog and vote for my card by clicking on the "Like" button. 

Thanks so much for stoppin' by,


10 comments:

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

I really, really like your card!! I love that you folded the ties--I like seeing the folded edges, like a real tie. (versus cutting the shape out from paper.) I like your closet rod--just that I thought of it as a clothes line. Works both ways. Very nice & well done. Very clever.

I am coming from CutCardstock's blog. (I entered too.) I am going to cast a vote for you.

www.KristasPaperCafe.com

hilde janbroers said...

wow what a great card!!! So unique!

angie gutshall said...

That card is so cute!!

Unknown said...

This is the cutest card ever! I love the paper you picked.

Kimberly Kett said...

That card is just super cute!!

Unknown said...

So cute!

Mary Jo said...

Such an adorable card! :)

Unknown said...

That is just TOO CUTE! I love it!

Loni said...

Stinking cute! I pinned it, I really want to try this!

Waseem said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment