Since I was given Authentique's "Miracle Girl" collection to work with this month from Pages from the Heart, I really wanted to utilize all the cute baby die cuts and stickers that are included in the kit. I decided to create a baby girl layout. I had some photos of my niece when she was dressed up for Christmas morning, and a more casual photo when we both showed up wearing animal ears.
|Oh Baby Baby layout|
There are so many pieces in the kit, that I've made 5 projects already and I still have a lot of supplies left. You've seen four of them already, and the last one will be revealed soon.
Featured Collection: Authentique's "Miracle Girl"
Patterned Papers: Authentique
Letter Stickers: Authentique
Die Cuts: Authentique
Ribbon: May Arts
String: Making Memories
Eyelets: Making Memories
Eyelet Setter: Making Memories
Glossy Accents: Inkssential
Thread: Coats & Clark
Other: sewing machine
One component of our assignment this month was to use handmade embellishments in our projects. I made a clothesline of baby clothes by first setting two eyelets on my layout and running some pink string through the holes. I stamped the same image twice onto two different patterned papers and paper pieced them together to create different colors on the same item of clothing. I also cut out the safety pins from a die cut in the kit and glued it on top of the onesie to look like it is holding the onesie onto the clothesline. I added some Glossy Accents to make it look like an epoxy sticker.
For the title, I used a die cut as the main title block. I added a smaller die cut to accent it. I used some alphabet stickers for the subtitle. To match my subtitle of "10 finger 10 toes", I used my pinkie finger and stamped along one side of the title. It looks like part of the vintage paper, but it is a subtle way to embellish a page and further play with the theme of 10 fingers and 10 toes.
|Title and Pinkie Stamping|
For the journaling I mixed and matched some die cuts with hand journaling, and balanced it on the opposite corner from the title. I basically framed everything in and made a central square grouping of elements. I border punched the outermost paper to give it a ruffled edge, matted the layout in gray and machine stitched a zig zag pattern to finish things off.
Hope you liked the first baby girl layout that I've ever scrapped.
Thanks so much for stoppin' by,