Friday, March 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Card

The Surprise Reveal
In honor of our fearless leader's birthday, members from the Paper Made Bakery DT secretly made Shannon, our coordinator and kit club owner, some surprise birthday cards. Join me in wishing Shannon  a happy birthday! Here is my contribution. Hop on over to PMB to see the other birthday cards.

Birthday Card

The Details
I only found out about this with one day's notice, so I just grabbed my Sunday Afternoon kit and put this card together using just the kit's contents. It came out so fun and festive.
 
3-D Bow
I thought a big fluffly bow would be fitting for a birthday card so I cut three 1" wide strips from my patterned paper and pieced one together. The bow is now 3-D, but I'm afraid after being mailed it will arrive 2-D. The writing on the background patterned paper states, "A little birdie told me" which I thought was fitting as one of the other DT members told us of the birthday, and the kit had a matching blue bird charm. So everything came together. 

Hope you enjoyed your surprise birthday post Shannon. 

Thanks for stoppin' by,



3 comments:

Heidi said...

So cute! I love that bow.

Shannon Fralish said...

Hey Michelle -- thank you SO much for this beautiful (and as always) uber creative birthday card! This is a total surprise and I LOVE it! You rock!

Becky said...

Love that bow!

Post a Comment