Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pages from the Heart: Do You Feel Lucky?

Oh Baby, Baby
I shared a layout last week about my niece, Zemira which I posted in the 2Peas Gallery. After 5 minutes in the gallery, I got a request to feature it on Craft Gossip's blog for March 26. It is an inspiration site with daily samples and the latest news in crafting.

Away from my Desk
I am in the middle of some traveling and will be away from my desk until the middle of April. Currently I'm visiting Escondido, CA and will be going to Taiwan and Korea later this week. I'm furtively getting all my assignments finished and scheduled to post while I'm gone, so things should be the same on my blog.

The Reveal
This week Pages from the Heart is hosting a "Lucky Challenge." If you've ever made an item with a luck theme, send a photo of it to our DT coordinator, Andi for a chance to win something fun. You've got to ask yourself one question, "Do I feel lucky?"


March Lucky Project Challenge
Slide-out Candy Bar Holder
Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Authentique
Die Cuts: Authentique
Brad: We R Memory Keepers
Pearl: KaiserCraft
Ink: ColorBox Chalk
Corner Punch: EK Success
Ribbon: May Arts
Candy: Hershey's


I made a candy bar holder that slides open when you pull the ribbon at the top. I've made this once before, and it is quite easy to make. Here is my tutorial. My last one was a get well card with the added bonus of including some chocolate. This one can be for any occasion where you want to wish the recipient some luck and include a little gift inside. 


I incorporated this month's challenge's luck theme by printing out an Irish blessing that included wishing someone good luck onto a piece of Authentique's patterned paper that had a neutral background.

I wrapped a die cut piece around the blessing for an additional 3-D effect.


I thought the jumbo brads from We R Memory looked like Celtic coins so I included one at the top to match the sentiment and theme. I got the brad from my friend Becky, thanks!


To see all the other luck based projects from the DT, please take a look at Page's blog or visit the store. Don't forget to enter the contest yourself this week. 

That concludes the my Authentique Miracle Girl Kit series. This is the last of five items made from the same kit. The papers are simply gorgeous. Next month I'll be featuring some cards made from Canvas Corp papers for Pages from the Heart. 

Thanks for stoppin' by,



1 comments:

Lisa Arana said...

what a sweet project michelle.

Post a Comment