Wednesday, February 1, 2012

These are a Few of my Favorite Things Mini-drawers

The Reveal:
I altered this set of mini-drawers just for fun. It is around 6 x 6 x 8 inches.

Altered Mini-drawers
The Background:
I was browsing at a yard sale when I spotted this rusty item that someone had used to store screws and bolts.

Original State
I really liked the size and the little drawers and decided to rescue it. I think people who rescue dogs feel the same way, you can see the potential after some rehabilitation.

The Details:
First I sprayed it with some RustOleum white paint, and by "I", I mean Kevin. After it dried, I used Mod Podge and applied on the background pink papers. Then I decorated mostly with Imaginisce's Enchanted collection. Since I was thinking of putting my favorite embellishments in the drawers, I decided to depict scenes from the song, "My Favorite Things", like raindrops of roses and whiskers on kittens. 

These are a few of my favorite things
I used a card sketch from Sketch Support as the inspiration for the layout design. I liked the little squares in the sketch and thought that would be cute for each scene depiction.

For the front, I also decoupaged each drawer and tied some ribbons on the handles. 

Front View
On the opposite side of "My Favorite Things", I made a Prince Charming scene with Kevin battling a dragon. 
Side View
The 2nd Reveal:
Around this time, my mom asked me to make a card for a wedding she was attending. Since I had the sketch out, I used that plus my pack of Valentine materials and whipped this lil' set up for her. I think the bride like it. 

Wedding Card & Envelope
I hope you enjoyed seeing my creations. It was really fun to make these two items. Don't forget, tomorrow is my first reveal for Paper Made Bakery. There will be a Blog Hop plus a giveaway!

Thanks for stoppin' by,

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Very cute!!!

Becky said...

I really, really LOVE this little set of drawers! I need to find myself a rusted little treasure!

ghsmcclure said...

You are one of my favorite things, wait, you are my favorite thing!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!

Post a Comment