Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pages from the Heart: Beach Boy Layout

The Reveal
This is my second project for Pages from the Heart this month featuring Echo Park's This & That collection.

Beach Boy Layout
The Details
I really wanted to make a boy layout so I could utilized all the really cute but really specific boy themed chipboard stickers from the collection, so I went over to my sister's house and perused all her photos of my nephew. I wanted ones where he was more natural and in the middle of an action rather than posing. I found a few of him at the beach, which matched the colors and theme of the collection, but there were a lot of distractions in the background.

Original Background

As I had a limited amount of individual photos of him from this setting, I edited it Photoshop. I cut out patches of the ocean and placed it over the people in the background, and cropped it into the square shaped I wanted to use. Don't disregard a photo if it isn't perfect, there are ways to fix a photo and get it to suit your design. 

Edited Background

I decided to use a grid design of six 3 x 3" squares for the central portion of my layout, so it would be like little pockets of embellishments and photos. Since I used journaling strips layered over some cardstock stickers, I also used strips in the other two embellishment boxes to match. I cut up a number border strip and layered it behind a chipboard sticker in one box. In the other box, I cut up a sentiment sticker that was too wide, into smaller strips and paired it with a boy's silhouette sticker.  



For my title, I liked the "boy" banner stickers but they were too small for the title area. I recreated a larger version using my Silhouette Cameo, cardstock and Thickers and paired it with the original to read, "Boy oh Boy." For each letter block, I cut 4 banners in 4 different sizes in 3 colors to match the original chipboard sticker. If you would like the downloadable banner cut file I created, I've included it here. 

Download for Silhouette Cameo: Layered Banner Cut File


The Supplies
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Papers: Echo Park
Stickers: Echo Park
Alphabet Letters: American Crafts
Ribbon: May Arts
Chalk Ink: Prima
Paint Pen: Viva Decor
Glitter Glue: Stickles by Ranger Ink



Thanks so much for stoppin' by,



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable! Great job with the grid work!

xErin

Christina said...

I love it. I need that snips, snails and puppy dog tails element-that's the name of my family blog! :)

Pamela said...

Love this!! Great layout! :)

Post a Comment