Thursday, May 3, 2012

Pages from the Heart: May Reveals

This is a long post today as it is actually three posts that I grouped together since they all feature the same collection. 


The Collection
This month for Pages from the Heart, I worked with Bo Bunny's "Weekend Market" collection which features travel themed images with rich colors and regal designs. I made three projects - a card, a calendar/mini-album and a layout. For all my projects I only used three sheets of patterned papers, three pieces of cardstock and the sticker sheet shown below. You really don't need a lot of supplies. So just put together a small kit and get crafting. 




Project #1: You Are Picture Perfect Pop-up Card
Since the colors in this collection were more masculine, I decided to make a card for my nephew. For my first project I was inspired by the sticker that read "picture perfect" from the sticker sheet so I designed a card built around that sentiment. I really liked the floating pop-up card I made last week so I replicated this technique. If you would like to know more about the specifics of the card like the supply list, please visit Page's blog. If you would like to view the tutorial I wrote about the pop-up element, please visit Paper Made Bakery's blog



I was looking at my nephew's birthday photos with him and I noticed the face he was making in this photo. 

He said it was because he didn't really want to take these pre-party photos as he would rather be playing in the jumper outside. I thought this was a "picture perfect" photo and used it for his card. 

Project #2: SoCal Shop Hop Calendar
Last summer I had a lot of fun visiting some of the scrapbooking stores in Southern California, collecting my passport stamps and obtaining the 6 x 6" make and takes from each store. Last year's theme was "Papercrafting around the World" so each store had their own special destination. The store across the street from me, which has since closed :(, chose Grand Ole Opry. 



I ended the summer with a bottlecap necklace and a pile of make and takes that I didn't know what to do with. I made my own steamer trunk mini-album from some chipboard die-cut packaging to house my collection. 



This year I decided to get ahead of the game a bit, and have my album done ahead of time so that pile of make and takes won't seem so overwhelming. Since this year's theme is "Wacky Holidays," I thought a calendar would be a nice change from a mini-album.


I took an existing 6 x 6" SEI album that I already had and just turned it sideways. The inside will house some monthly calendars I printed from iCal and the make and takes I'll be collecting this summer. For more info on this project, please visit this post on Page's blog. 






Project #3: Korean Family Portrait Layout
I went to Seoul, S. Korea a few weeks ago with my Dad and sister. We each picked one activity that we wanted to do while in town. My Dad wanted to tour the DMZ, and it was a very educational and surreal experience, seeing all the places that I've only read about in history books. Here we are with a S. Korean soldier in the Peace Conference Room built exactly on the MDL. 


I chose something more innocuous, visiting the Hello Kitty Cafe. I just wrote about the experience here and made a layout here


Jenn wanted to dress up in traditional Korean outfits and take photos. We walked around Myeongdong and found a studio that catered to Japanese tourists for just such an endeavor. We took our own candid shots, like this one, while the studio took more traditional shots. 


Kevin couldn't take time off of work to go as he is in the middle of boy's volleyball season, but he did Photoshop himself into a shot.


Here is the layout. For more info about the scrappy side of this layout, please visit this post on Page's blog. 
Thanks for viewing all my projects for the month for Pages from the Heart. Whew!


Have a scrappy, dappy day,



5 comments:

Katherine said...

Fantastic projects love them all, all the colour, super photos - they are great ;)

Shannon Fralish said...

Wow, Michelle, what fantastic projects -- every single one of them! I always love how creative and unique your work is...keep it up! And, thanks for sharing!

Mary Jo said...

Fun projects!!
And such a cute pop up card :)

Unknown said...

Cute projects, I love that pop up card!!!!

Staci said...

Love the card! Have a wonderful weekend!

Post a Comment