Monday, December 19, 2011

Pages Reveal: Secret Lil' Box


The Reveal:
This is part two of my Pages from the Heart Christmas themed reveal. I made a secret box which can be the present itself, or the packaging for three tiers of little presents. The secret box is in the foreground along with the envelope gift bags from my last post in the background.  

Secret Box in Foreground
Supply List for Secret Box
Featured Collection: Santa’s Workshop from Doodlebug Design Inc.

Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Papers: Doodlebug Design Inc.
Stickers: Doodlebug Design
Alphabet Stickers: Making Memories
Ink: ColorBox Chalk
Glitter Glue: Stickles by Ranger
Scalloped Circle Punches: EK Success
Tutorial: Splitcoaststampers 

The Details:
You can open the box to reveal three trays that can house candies and other fun little gifts for the recipient. 
Opening to discover the secrets within


The box opens up 180 degrees with both sections remaining attached to each other. 
Contents Revealed
I decorated the four sides around the box with scalloped circle punches, stickers and patterned papers. I used a white chalk ink on the edges of the paper to elicit a snowy feel. I made a paper bow for the top. I popped up the scalloped circles using foam tape to add some dimension. Here are the four sides around the box. 



There is a written tutorial and a video tutorial in the link under my supply list for Splitcoaststampers' site. I did find the construction of this to be a bit complex and time consuming in order to be precise so everything lines up and folds evenly. If you want something quick and easy, I'd suggest the mini envelope gift bags. If you have more time and want something with more of a wow factor, then choose this project. It is super cute and the recipient can have fun just opening and closing it. 

Take care,

0 comments:

Post a Comment