Sunday, May 8, 2011

Some Scrappy News and Volleyball Updates

Happy Mother's Day one and all! Hope you are spending some quality time with your loved ones.

Onto some scrappy news....


Liz Qualman's Sketch
  • My first published piece came out in the May issue of Scrapstreet Magazine. Here is the link. It is my Chiang Kai-shek layout based on Liz Qualman's sketch. You can see many variations by other contributors. 
Sneak Peek of my Pages' projects
  • I finished 6 projects for Pages from the Heart using Jillibean Soup's Chilled Strawberry Soup line. I can't show you anything until after they post it on their blog. Maybe I can give you a sneak peek and not get in any trouble. 

Volleyball News:
    cupcake toppers that I didn't make
  • Gabrielino boys' volleyball had their last regular season game this past week, which is also when the seniors are ackknowledged. The day before the game, Kevin asked me to bake cookies for the seniors. So I baked 5 dozen cookies using 4 batches of dough. I wrapped it in cellophane with blue/white raffia ribbon, and added a volleyball pick with each senior's photo popped up on a volleball. Don't worry, I did try to make it more masculine. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but here is a photo of a cupcake topper from Etsy to give you an idea of what I'm taking about. You'll have to use your imagination to picture the ones I made. 

Gabrielino boys volleyball and Kevin's head
  • Because the boys won their last match, we were in a three way tie for the last spot in our league that qualified for CIF playoffs. The next day we had a mini-tournament with the other two teams, and only the winner would advance. The game was delayed for two hours as one player had to take his AP exams, so he rushed from his exam to the school bus. Kevin and I drove ahead to a neutral high school who hosted for the coaches' coin toss. The winner of the toss would get a bye and not have to play the first game. The two other teams would play each other, the winner would play the team that sat out. If you won the second match, then you advanced to the playoffs. We ended up having to play both teams. During our second match, we were down 16 - 22 in a game which ends at 25 points. In rally scoring it is nigh to impossible to win at that point. But one player served these short little serves that the other team had trouble passing and we went on a 9 - 1 scoring run to win the game. Those do or die matches are always more exciting. We will be playing our first round CIF game this coming Tuesday against Arcadia HS @ 7PM there if anyone is interested in attending. 
Take care,

0 comments:

Post a Comment