Monday, April 30, 2012

Little Yellow Tote

The Reveal
Greetings to all. I wanted to branch out from my usual paper endeavors and create something scrappy in the fabric world. I had some felt and canvas scrapbooking embellishments that I never got around to using so I decide to pair that with a canvas tote and this is the result. 


Altered Canvas Tote
The Process
I found the yellow canvas tote at a thrift shop for $3.00, and it was originally from the Gap. I wanted an inexpensive base as I didn't know how the project would turn out. First I drew my design on the tote using a light green fabric pen. 

Just Pencil It In
Then I started hand stitching on the vine patterning using a needle and embroidery floss. This stage was kind of tedious, but it you pace yourself while watching TV it is manageable. 

Hand Stitching
I attached the felt flowers by placing a button in the center and stitched through the button holes. 


I used the same technique to attach the canvas birds and butterflies. I also stitched some antennas and French knots for flower buds. 


Here is a final view when flattened. 


Have fun altering plain items and using your scrap supplies in other areas. Remember tomorrow is the Paper Made Bakery blog hop and I also have 4 other reveals this week!

Thanks for stoppin' by,




1 comments:

Becky said...

That is so beautiful! I love all of that stitching!

Post a Comment