Friday, September 27, 2013

Runway Inspired Challenge: Condolence Card

The Card
I wanted to make a condolence card, which is always a difficult one to make. I wanted something simple and elegant, with the emphasis on the recipient and not so much the artistic design of the card. I ended up with this card, which is along the lines of what I was imagining. 


The Challenge
The inspiration for this card is actually from a dress. Previously, I had seen other design team members enter the Runway Inspired Challenges, where you create projects based on fashion inspiration. I wasn't inclined to join in until I saw the photo of the current challenge. I thought it would really match the type of card I wanted to make. Also I had been working with vellum all week so it was just perfect. 


Instead of stamping in blue ink on white cardstock, I reversed the colors and stamped in white ink on blue cardstock. I also heat embossed my background image. I folded a piece of vellum over the card base and stamped the sentiment on the vellum in two tones of blue. I finished it with some ribbon and sequins. It was quite fun to design something based on fashion. Try it some time!



I'm also entering this in:
Simon Says Stamps: Anything Goes Challenge
I used a Paper Smooches Spiritual Sampler stamp set.

Thanks so much for droppin' by,

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the colors and the elegance and you can definitely tell it was inspired by that dress. What a cool challenge!!

Tasnim said...

The background looks stunning! Thanks for joining us at Runway Inspired Challenge.

Pamela said...

Beautiful card! I love the vellum overlay! Thanks for joining us on Runway Inspired Challenge!

internetexplorer said...

Been browsing for some nice condolence card messages or just any words to uplift and comfort people who are downhearted. I felt happy to have found this inspirational page of yours. These words are very nice. Thanks and keep sharing :)

Post a Comment