Monday, May 27, 2013

Get Inky!: Some Bunny Loves You Card

The Challenge
I'm excited to announce that I am a guest designer for Get Inky! Challenge Blog. Previously, I entered my flower pen set in their Fabulous Floral Fun challenge, and made their top 3 pick. I was subsequently asked to be a guest designer for the current challenge which begins today. The theme this time is Good Golly Glitter! Here is my guest designer's contribution.



The Details
I was also given a digital stamp from their store, Blue Moon Creation, to incorporate into my project. I chose a cute image called, Backside Bunny.


Instead of using the image as a digital stamp, I imported it into Silhouette Design Studio, and created my own die cut. This is a great way to get more out of your stamps. I flipped one of the bunnies so they would look slightly differently from each other, overlapped them and welded them together for one cut. I cut them on glitter cardstock to match the challenge theme. I hope you can see the glittery goodness in the picture. I punched out two tiny hearts on pink cardstock, and added some Stickles for some more glitter.


I typed up a matching sentiment and adhered it onto a small hand cut banner. I added an eyelet to one end and tied some twine through it. 


I also wanted to point out that the black hearts are cut from a sheet of flocked transparency from Fancy Pants. I don't usually work with transparencies, but I liked the velvety texture of the hearts and it really added an extra dimension when you hold the card in person. 


Materials
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, DCWV (glitter stack)
Patterned Papers: Fancy Pants (Be You collection), Basic Grey
Transparency: Fancy Pants (Be You collection)
Ink: Prima
Twine: The Twinery
Heart Punch: Martha Stewart
Glitter Glue: Ranger Ink (Stickles)
Eyelet Tool and Eyelet: We R Memory Keepers
Digital Stamp: Blue Moon Creation
Die Cut Software and Cutting Tool: Silhouette
Font: Mr. and Mrs. Popsicle

If you have any glittery projects, please link up to today's challenge on Get Inky! Challenge blog, or just stop on by and see the design team's inspiration. 

I'm entering this in:
613 Avenue Create: Challenge #21 Anything Goes
Make it Monday: #142 Anything Goes
Challenges for Everybody: #21 Anything Goes
Crafting When We Can: #45 Punches or Die Cuts
Dream Valley Challenges: #57 Animals

Thanks so much for hoppin' by,

13 comments:

Mandalika said...

This is adorable, love those bunnies!

Poppet said...

Great idea to use your cutting machine Michelle. This is such a fun card I can imagine the bunnies skipping off into the big wide world together.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Kimberly Kett said...

ADORABLE!! I LOVE that card!

Sheila H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheila H said...

Your card has great dimension - love the die cut and banner. Thanks for sharing with 613 Avenue Create.

loz said...

Adorable card Michelle. Visited from MIM..Loz

Erica said...

I love seeing stuff like this. My poor silhouette is neglected.

Rene said...

This is fabulous! I Loooove the heart transparency! GREAT idea! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Good luck!
Rene :D

Fleursbydesign said...

Cute card, love the bunnies :)

Becky said...

Love the bunnies and the hearts! I'll have to look twice at transparencies now. :)

Dos Piruletas - Mari said...

Love the hearts! Cute card :)
dospiruletas.blogspot.com

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card Michelle. I came over from Make it Monday

Nikki Craft said...

Great card:) cute bunnies! thanks for joining us at crafting when we can challenge x
Nikki x

Post a Comment