Saturday, October 8, 2011

Last Sassy Lil' Sketch Reveal - Ever!

A Sassy Lil' Send Off
Sassy Lil' Sketches will be closing its virtual doors on October 27th, and this will be the last week of reveals. If you like their sketches, then download them in these last few weeks. If you like the inspiration from the DT, then browse through the gallery. If you want to participate in the sketch challenges, you have until October 23rd to upload your projects. There are 8 separate challenges happening right now, so you have 8 separate chances to win a  prize. 

Sketch Challenge
Today's reveal at Sassy Lil' sketches is based on the following sketch, Sassy Send Off Sketch #7 (which has been removed since the website is now closed). I stretched out the sketch and made it into a double pager. Instead of so many background squares of patterned papers, I filled the squares with smaller photos, journaling, captions and titles. I also combined some of the squares to get a larger rectangle for longer photos or more journaling space. Here is my interpretation of the sketch:

Siam Cooking School Layout
The Background

When we were in Thailand this summer, we took a local cooking class. The school was located at the teacher's house. We each had our own woks on the patio. We chose an individual menu and prepared a Thai dinner as guided by the instructor. Before we even started cooking, we went to an outdoor market to purchase the fresh ingredients. 



The Details
Here is a view of each page:

I popped up some of the flowers on the patterned papers for a 3D effect. I printed captions for some photos on transparencies and interspersed them throughout the layout. 


This paper collection had some matching silk flowers and glazed brads, so I utilized the embellishments. 


Next to the main title, I printed out the cooking school's name, and made that into a flower to blend the subtitle with the embellishments. 


I found a translation in Thai for one of my captions. 


This is the journaling block.


I used a bubble themed border punch along the two sides of my photos. Inside the holes I used a clear paint pen so it is actually a puffy bubble. In some of the smaller holes I added some metal Glam Rocks. I stapled on three ribbons for an accent on one side. 


Thanks for stopping by,


0 comments:

Post a Comment